[google28b52e0868d1e307.html]

Search This Blog

Saturday 11 May 2024

BENNY HINN: THE "WE PROPHESY IN PART" EXCUSE


Above: Benny Hinn's interview with Steven Strang on the Strang Report: 

After fifty years of spiritual deception and abuse Hinn says that he has regrets.

Even in his "repentance" Hinn makes excuses and continues to teach false doctrine. 

Hinn: "I am a human being, I have made mistakes.. we all make mistakes. The two things I regret in ministry, I was not too wise a number of times with prophecy. Number one, I had guests come to other crusades that I think brought harm to not only people's lives, but also to my reputation because their prophesies were not really prophecy. They went outside the borders of redemption..  and then there were times when I thought that God had showed me something that he wasn't showing me and I spoke it out. But in 1 Corinthians 13 we see very clearly that we all prophesy in part. That means we don't see the full picture.. sadly there were some prophesies I gave that were not accurate or from the Lord.. For that of course I ask people to forgive me. I'm just human uh and made mistakes like that and I'll probably make him again I suppose down the road cuz I'm not perfect.. And then the other one is prosperity.. I was invited to go to praise-a-thons and I think that's when my troubles began.. I came to the conclusion in 2019 that I did not want to be part of the gimmickry of it.. but sadly I let pressure get to me.."      

Hinn's blame-shifting regarding his guests and his involvement in "praise-a-thons" is not credible. As a serial deceiver, Hinn is quite capable of being a false prophet all by himself without the help of other charlatans. (Romans 14:12). 

The "we prophesy in part" excuse

A common objection of false prophets is that "we prophesy in part".

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:8-12).

In context, the partial is contrasted to the perfect (complete) in 1 Corinthians 13.1 The perfect brings an end to the partial i.e. the partial or incomplete gives way to the perfect. Does Paul mean to tell us that since we have not entered into the perfect at the present time that prophesies may be inaccurate? If that is correct, then why does he make a distinction between true and false prophets, why does he give such dire warnings about false teachers/prophets, and why does he condemn false prophets?  Why did he commend the Bereans for testing his words against the scriptures? (Acts 17:11 cf. Acts 20:27); and why are we admonished to test the spirits? (1 John 4:1). Biblically there is no latitude given to prophets regarding accuracy. (Jeremiah 23:16; Ezekiel 13:1-23).
 
I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears.. (Acts 20:29-31 cf. Matthew 7:15,24:11; 2 Peter 2:1; Jude 1:3-16).

Michael Brown's suggestion for Hinn to spend time with Mike Winger is based on the false premise that Hinn is an authentic Christian and not a wolf. Brown: "..lets clean house.. Why not spend a day with Mike Winger.. Spend a day together and say 'OK, I want you to know I want you to be able to talk to me plainly and raise your issues and questions' and just off the record the two of them behind the scenes 'I want to share my heart with you and I want you to understand who I am' and then whatever comes out of it comes out of it, but this is what we have to do, we have to have the private conversations and then we have to demonstrate public fruits of repentance.."
Believers are commanded to mark and avoid false teachers. (Romans 16:17). 

When I see Hinn close down his so-called "ministry" and give his ill-gotten gains to the poor I will accept his repentance as credible!    

1. Strong's Greek: 5046. τέλειος (teleios) -- having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect (biblehub.com)
2. Accountability, Repentance and Legacy: Dr. Michael Brown Discusses Pastor Benny Hinn @LFTV (youtube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment