[google28b52e0868d1e307.html]

Search This Blog

Sunday 7 January 2024

WHO IS MATT CANDLER? IHOP NEST OF VIPERS!

Sunday Worship Service - Guest Matt Candler (youtube.com)

The murky depths of IHOP are thankfully being exposed and Matt Candler has replaced David Sliker as the President of IHOP University. Candler helped to set up IHOPKC in 1999.1 In other words, Candler lived under the Bickle's false prophesies and spiritual deception for many years, apparently without raising any concerns! (2 Timothy 3:13).

Two years ago Candler was a guest at Legacy Church in Washington which has all the hallmarks of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR). Candler's false teaching begins at around the 1:20 mark.

Candler: "..this is a title I feel like the Lord gave me.. I want to talk about unbelief, friendship and the power of a preferred future." This is not a good start! We should treat with caution people who claim 'the Lord gave me a word'. If anyone claims or implies that the Lord has given them a prophetic word in an unworthy manner they have committed a grievous sin. (1 John 4:1; 1 Corinthians 14:29; Deuteronomy 18:20-22; Jeremiah 28:9). 

NAR buzzwords in bold:

Candler: "We are on the precipice of a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit we can't imagine.. bringing transformation... unprecedented notable miracles are going to break out.. miracles will be so commonplace but unbelief will also be rampant.."

Imminent revival or apostasy? 

The "imminent revival" mantra is characteristic of false prophets and has no biblical foundation. (Ezekiel 13:10). No prophecy of an end-time revival exists in the New Testament. The scriptures prophesy rampant spiritual deception, apostasy, false prophets, lying signs and wonders, birth pains.. and ultimately worldwide spiritual deception under the Antichrist. (Acts 20:29; Revelation 13:14). We should reject those who prophesy that we are on the "precipice of revival" or "awakening". False prophets tickle itching ears and tell us what we want to hear, not what we need to hear. (2 Timothy 4:3).

Candler's "sermon" is deeply flawed and incoherent. He teaches the false doctrine that believers should base their faith on "notable miracles". (Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).

Candler: "..when I think about unbelief you know I think about like seeing a miracle and being like unbelievable but I saw it and I'm like I see the works of God I read about the great works of God and outpouring of the spirit and i and I and there are people that they just think that they even see it they have a front row seat and they don't believe it and I'm thinking you just believe and I and there's a lot of talk especially in context of revival when the spirit is poured out and that the church is invited to ? church and outside the church and even in the bible to wrestle with. Do you believe this is true or is this not true in the book of Acts that was called a notable miracle and there's this issue of belief or unbelief but what I want to highlight is how can a person an individual us? included stand before something that was clearly notable and say I don't believe that because when we think of unbelief thinking all I need is enough evidence and then I'll be like I'll believe and the lord knows the depths of the human heart in a way and sees the roots of unbelief.."  

The difference between the works of Jesus and lying signs and wonders.

I have seen many alleged signs and wonders by those who falsely claim God's authority. A few examples are Todd White's leg-lengthening trick; Kathryn Krick's false deliverances using actors; various false "outpourings" (Toronto Pensacola etc.); Benny Hinn's false prophecies; Mike Bickle's false prophecies; Kenneth Copeland and Rodney Howard-Browne's fake tongues; unverified "healings", Morris Cerullo's False Miracles, Shawn Bolz' smart phone "cold readings" ~ on and on and on! Why would I trust "prophecies" of "notable miracles" and "imminent revival" given the track record of these wolves? (Matthew 7:22-23). Not only are we faced with fake signs, but Jesus Christ Himself warned us of powerful demonic signs. (Revelation 13:13).

If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. (John 7:17).

If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true. You sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. .. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:31-36, 39-40).

Candler: "They (the Pharisees) had the law, they had the scriptures.. they had their life, their reputation related to the scriptures.. the actual phrase is 'you don't want me though you love the scriptures'". This is absolutely false! Jesus condemned the Pharisees because they did not love or follow the scriptures, they followed the Oral law i.e. their traditions!

There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” (John 5:45-47).

Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,” he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’” (Matthew 15:1-90.

And he said to them,“You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)— then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.” (Mark 7:9-13).

My advice to anyone still attending IHOP - LEAVE! IHOP is a nest of vipers and is saturated with false doctrine! (Matthew 12:34; Proverbs 1:7).   

1. My IHOPKC Experience: Matt & Dana's Story - IHOPKC BLOG

Further Links

Disgraced Televangelists (youtube.com)
Kenneth Copeland & Rodney Howard Browne Mighty Tongues Mighty Anointing (youtube.com)
EcoWell UK V1 (youtube.com)
30 Sec CS2589 CS Cont Rewired refresh (youtube.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment