apology for an incorrect prophetic word
Here we have Chris Wickland's admission that he is a false prophet!
Wickland refers to a prophecy he delivered in 2023 in which he predicted a general election. He insists the prediction came from an all‑night dream and was not fabricated, claiming the word “uproar” repeated throughout. In the dream, Keir Starmer triggered a general election, resulting in a hung parliament and the physical collapse of the Houses of Parliament, followed by unrest in the streets. Wickland now concedes the obvious: Starmer did not call an early election, none of the predicted events occurred, and the prophecy failed in every detail.
Wickland: "Obviously Keir Starmer did not trigger an early general election as I had seen it.. none of what I just said has happened at all."
Wickland then misrepresents the prophetic ministry with reasoning that is incoherent and doctrinally unsound. He argues that evangelists, pastors, teachers, and even apostles may operate with success rates well below 100%, yet prophets alone are held to what he calls “pretty brutal standards”. By his own criteria, however, he concedes that he qualifies as a false prophet, since his record does not meet the standard he claims is unfairly imposed. His comments appear to be a response to sustained public criticism, and an attempt to justify his failed prediction.
Wickland further promised that if the various prophetic words he had issued—many of which were due to expire within twelve months of 24 May 2024—did not come to pass, he would never deliver another prophetic word. The difficulty is obvious: the very prophecy for which he issued an apology did not come to pass, yet he treats this failure as if it does not fall under the terms of his own promise.
Mike Bickle is a clear example of a false prophet employing the same rationale. He publicly taught that prophetic words do not need to be 100% accurate, proposing an approximate 80% accuracy threshold—a standard directly at odds with the biblical requirement of total precision in Deuteronomy 18. This rhetoric functions as an unbiblical escape mechanism, a way for false prophets to evade the biblical criteria and justify their continued authority despite demonstrable failure.
False prophecy is treated in scripture as a lie. (Jeremiah 27:15; Ezekiel 13:6-8). It is never treated as a minor error or something to be excused. In the Old Testament it carries the highest level of moral severity, including the death penalty, and operates as an automatic disqualification from any claim to divine authority. Neither the Old nor the New Testament permits any margin of error in prophetic speech; there is no biblical allowance for prophecy to be less than 100% accurate. The prophetic standard is total precision and total fidelity to Yahweh, without exception.
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ (Deuteronomy 18:20).
Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’” For who among them has stood in the council of the Lord to see and to hear his word, or who has paid attention to his word and listened? Behold, the storm of the Lord! Wrath has gone forth, a whirling tempest; it will burst upon the head of the wicked. The anger of the Lord will not turn back until he has executed and accomplished the intents of his heart. In the latter days you will understand it clearly. “I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied. But if they had stood in my council, then they would have proclaimed my words to my people, and they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their deeds. “Am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord. I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in my name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed!’ How long shall there be lies in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies, and who prophesy the deceit of their own heart, who think to make my people forget my name by their dreams that they tell one another, even as their fathers forgot my name for Baal? Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the Lord. Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces? Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, declares the Lord, who steal my words from one another. Behold, I am against the prophets, declares the Lord, who use their tongues and declare, ‘declares the Lord.’ Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, declares the Lord, and who tell them and lead my people astray by their lies and their recklessness, when I did not send them or charge them. So they do not profit this people at all, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:16-32).

No comments:
Post a Comment