[google28b52e0868d1e307.html]

Search This Blog

Saturday 17 January 2015

DAVID HIND'S MONTHLY LETTER - ITS ALL ABOUT ME AT TLC! TRINITY LIFE CHURCH LEICESTER

I have written about the Assemblies of God in Leicester more than a few times over the last twelve months and I continue to be shocked and disturbed by the antics of David Hind. I tremble to think what he will do next and I often wonder how low he will continue to sink into apostasy. I now write to focus in on his monthly letter for January 2015 which reads like a transcript of a worldly celebrity A-list event which gives thanks and honour to certain elite VIP’s! EIGHTH - YES EIGHTH on the list God does get a brief mention - absurdly Hind gives thanks to God for “Open Hands” - in other words he gives credit to God for something overtly worldly which has benefited hugely from Big Lottery Funding and which has nothing to do with God at all!!

David Hind’s habit of picking out individual people to publicly honour at the expense of many others in the congregation who are perhaps equally worthy of honour is extremely unfortunate and divisive. I know in the past that this has caused pain to some people. I am surprised that no one has told David Hind how damaging this is, but as far as I am aware no one ever has. When I attended TLC, David Hind used to call particular individuals out to the front to publicly honour and endorse them. If we want to thank and praise individuals then great, but I believe that it should be done in private. Additionally David Hind has a habit of telling everyone what a "wonderful family" he has and how very blessed he is in this respect. I am glad for him if this is truly the case, but here again, he does not think of other peoples situations when he goes on and on about his "wonderful family" - and he does go on and on about them incessantly. This is another area that has caused pain to some members of the congregation, since not everyone is blessed with a “wonderful family". As a man of God (so called) it is paramount to be sensitive to the body of Christ. The apostles said very little about their private family lives. We know that Peter was married and that is all! Is Hind's sycophantic flattery of certain individuals due to insensitivity or is there a darker motive involved? For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. (1 Corinthians 4/5) Hind has built his house on the sand, not on the Rock (Matthew 7/24-27); he cannot expect God's help to support TLC and Open Hands. I do wonder whether he is trying to shore up TLC in the flesh by keeping certain people on board with flattery. If the recipients of this flattery buy into it then they are unwise. Be wary of human praise....(John 12/43)

As in my previous posts, it is important to look at the scriptures and find out what they say about this subject:

…..on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. (1 Corinthians 12/23-25)

David Hind's letter quotes Philippians 1/3: "I thank my God every time I remember you." He then proceeds to take it completely out of context in order to revere certain individuals. IN CONTEXT this letter written by the Apostle Paul is addressed TO ALL THE SAINTS at Philippi:

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons: (notice how the overseers and deacons are mentioned afterall the saints” they are not put on a pedestal by Paul) Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1/1-11)

Therefore, my brothers, (my beloved brethren -NASB) whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. (Philippians 4/1)

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. (Romans 1/8)

Corporate greetings and thanks for the Colossian Christians: 

To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters in Christ: 
Grace and peace to you from God our Father.
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people (Colossians 1/2-4)

We find similar INCLUSIVE statements from Paul in ALL his letters to the churches.

I will not show partiality to any man or use flattery toward any person. For I do not know how to flatter, else my Maker would soon take me away. (Job 32/21-22)

For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting. (Romans 16/18)

For there is no truth in their mouth; their inmost self is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue. (Psalm 5/9)

My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. (James 2/1)

The Bible is noticeably reticent when it comes to the praise of men. When Paul named individuals it was usually because there were past issues to be resolved, such as the acceptance of Onesimus who was formerly "unprofitable" (Philemon 1). Euodia and Syntyche had an unknown issue which Paul was keen for them to resolve: ".....help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel." (Philippians 4). Paul said that Mark was "very useful for ministry", but Mark had previously deserted them at Pamphylia. (Acts 15/38; 2 Timothy 4/11; Colossians 4/20). 

Patriarchs and Prophets:

"The Bible has little to say in praise of men. Little space is given to recounting the virtues of even the best men who have ever lived. This silence is not without purpose; it is not without a lesson. All the good qualities that men possess are the gift of God ; their good deeds are performed by the grace of God through Christ. Since they owe all to God, the glory of whatever they are or do belongs to Him alone • they are but instruments in His hands. More than this—as all the lessons of Bible history teach—it is a perilous thing to praise or exalt men; for if one comes to lose sight of his entire dependence on God, and to trust to his own strength, he is sure to fall. Man is contending with foes who are stronger than he. . . . It is impossible for us, in our own strength, to maintain the conflict; and whatever diverts the mind from God, whatever leads to self-exaltation or to self-dependence, is surely preparing the way for our overthrow. The tenor of the Bible is to inculcate distrust of human power, and to encourage trust in divine power."— Page 717 

If you attend TLC then you have my sympathies, and if you haven't made it onto David Hind’s A-list then count yourself blessed and be encouraged because in my opinion David Hind’s assessment of others is terribly flawed. I have long since been completely immune to this kind of backhanded rejection thank God, but young believers, the lonely, the sensitive, the disenfranchised etc. may fall prey to Hind’s "insensitivity" and see themselves as second class Christians. I personally believe that flattery and partiality are destructive tactics of Satan aimed at harming downtrodden vulnerable Christians and puffing the wrong people up with the aim of causing maximum damage and division to the body of Christ! David Hind has put himself in an awful situation before the Lord Jesus Christ in very many ways, not only doctrinally, but also through his abominable treatment of those whom he supposedly has spiritual oversight!

I recently heard the Assemblies of God described as a “New Age Cult” and I must say that I agree with that definition. During the last twelve months, we have seen the formation of the One World Religion taking shape before our very eyes. Some of those aligning with the Pope are false teachers Rick Warren, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen, James Robison, the Salvation Army and the Lutheran Federation. I am not giving this as a prophecy, but I have little doubt that it is just a matter of time before the Assemblies of God will join these traitors of Jesus Christ in the Roman Catholic deception. In the meantime we see the continuing slide of individual churches into apostasy and delusion.

I am unimpressed with David Hind’s A-List and you should be too. God looks upon the heart not the outward appearance (1 Samuel 16/7).

It will be very interesting to see whether the ecumenical initiative begun last year between David Hind and Churches Together goes any further. In addition the ecumenical agenda of Adam Simmonds (Director and Trustee of TLC) in his role as PCC of Northampton is extremely ominous. 

MAKE NO MISTAKE - ECUMENISM IS THE SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST

David Hind's Monthly Letter –  January 2015

"In 2007 when we first came to TLC I wanted to find a way of sharing a little bit of my heart with everyone in the church each month. This led to this monthly letter and this, I think, is the 82nd letter I have written. As we enter a new year I still want to share a bit of myself with you each month so I am going to carry on – if, however, you would rather receive it by email please let us know. Here we go…
“I thank my God every time I remember you.” Philippians 1:3 NIV
On the pilgrimage of life, it is easy to take for granted those for whom you are so grateful. We probably all have family, friends and those who make our lives easier and better. Susan and I are surrounded by people we love. A brilliant team, fantastic campus pastors, an army of leaders, a great church and many leader friends in the city. Allow me please to pause and thank a few:
I am grateful to Doug Lance who led me to Jesus nearly 30 years ago. As an American missionary serving with the Navigators he was used by God to present the cross to me and my need to repent, experience grace and a new start in life. Those few moments on a Saturday morning in November 1985 are the most precious of my life.
I am grateful for my wonderful family. For the last 9 months we have all lived in the same house together. This has meant learning to be less territorial, more considerate for others’ needs rather than your own and patience with the rigours of community life.  As this phase of our lives comes to an end and Tom and Philippa, and our beautiful granddaughters Annabelle and Rosie move into their own house, Susan and I are grateful for the journey. Every moment has been precious and worth it. That my two sons love God is the most wonderful thing they could ever give to me.
I am grateful to the TLC chair of trustees Colin Jewitt and the coordinator of our elders James Prestwich. Colin is my confidant and a man whose perspective and heart I deeply respect. He is honest with me, about me and to me and I am stronger because of it. James has now worked with me for almost 7 years. He is a rock, my friend and a person of deep integrity who hold my hands up. My life is better with him in it.
I am grateful for my friend Andy Upton, the lead pastor of Knighton Free Church. I have always appreciated Andy’s love of the Bible and his humble heart, willing to listen, learn and give. Knighton’s partnership with Open Hands continues to bless me. They pray for us, invest financially with us and continue to encourage members to serve in Open Hands. This has always been a huge encouragement to me and Andy is at the forefront of this and I am grateful.
I am grateful for Brian and Marge Niblock who have given the best example I have ever seen of how to handle succession in senior leadership. For seven years they have stood on the front row, cheering us on, praying for us, serving wherever they can and speaking with love, honesty and encouragement. They are fantastic people and we love them dearly.
I am grateful to Phil Pye, the area leader of 150+ Assemblies of God churches in the midlands area, of which we are one. He is a lover of the Bible, a pastor of people and passionate about the Church. I get to sit with him regularly to work through the joys and challenges of church life and I am always strengthened by him. He will be speaking at our TLC together celebration on the 4th January.
I am grateful for my friend Samuel Munai – the leader of All Nations Church in Kenya. In a community so materially poor, he is building a church and community rich with grace and compassion. I am inspired by his vision, strengthened by his relationship with me and encouraged that together we are making a difference with so many lives in the Mukuru slum in Nairobi.
I am grateful to God for the privilege of having Open Hands at the heart of our community. Watching over 100 people being served Christmas dinner on Tuesday 16th December at our Compassion Unit reminded me that my life is better because of Open Hands. At the end of another year when thousands of people have been loved, helped, accepted, offered prayer and given practical help through Open Hands reminds me that being Jesus hands and feet is a privilege and I am grateful.
I am also grateful for a vision which carries the heart of God and a church that is willing to step out into the uncomfortable to fulfil the plan of God. Our best days are ahead.
And around your life, perhaps there are people for whom you are grateful. Why not write to them, ring them up, speak to them and let them know that you are encouraged by their love, inspired by their faith or simply that your life is better because they are in it.
On January 4th we are all together at All Nations at 4pm and we are asking everyone who possibly can to be there. Big Picture Sunday will be different this year but we will still be bringing around 200 areas of TLC and laying them down. We will pray a simple prayer again “Lord be the heart of our church, if anything is on this table and you love it, please bless it more, if anything is here that shouldn’t be here anymore, remove it and if there is anything not here that is precious to you please add it this year. Jesus, be the centre of our lives and our church, Amen.” Do all you can to join us on the 4th January – it’s important.
Straight afterwards, at All Nations Centre, is ‘Prayer for Leicestershire’. Along with 8 other churches, we have called as many people as possible from any church over the county of Leicestershire to come and pray. At 7.30pm, we will join with them to pause and bring the 1 million people who live in Leicestershire to Jesus. We would love as many of you as are able to stay after our together celebration and join other leaders and Christians from around Leicestershire. What better way to start the New Year than by calling together in unity on the Only One who can truly make a difference to this city and county?
It is a privilege to serve you
 Be blessed
 David"
http://trinitylifechurch.org.uk/davids-letter/ 




Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4/1)

Dear Reader – Do you have questions about Jesus Christ and how to be truly saved? If so, then please read my post: GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

2 comments:

  1. Whilst I agree with much of what you have written, the biggest issue is that he has departed from sound doctrine and is therefore no longer (if he ever was) qualified to be an overseer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right PP. If ones doctrine is right then ones behaviour comes into alignment.I think he went beyond the pale when he started compromising with lottery money and then the ecumenicals. Was he ever qualified to be an overseer? I personally do not think so. I observed his silliness first hand being in his congregation for a short period of time. Up until that point in time I had never walked out of a church, but I walked out of TLC two weeks running and then I left.I do really hope for his repentance, but in any event he should not be an overseeer.

    ReplyDelete